How to reduce image size without losing quality? There are many situations when we need to reduce the image file size. For example to attach the image to the email, backup or sharing. Image reduction software is usually pricey and reduced the image quality.
Therefore, I would like to share a free software to convert the image into a smaller size without obviously affecting the quality.
The software is known as Caesium. I have been using for many years and it is still free and convenient.
It can be downloaded here.
How to use
- Add pictures to reduce the size.
2. In this example, I select the picture with 18.1 MB file size.
3. Now we can see the file inside Caesium window. Look at the lower part.
4. Select the output folder. You can set to save the compressed image into the same folder as the input or any folder.
5. You can rename the compressed image with Suffix: (example: _compressed. The compressed image name will have _compressed).
6. You can resize the image or select the compression quality.
7. Click compress.
8. Compression finished! The image size has been reduced by 14.39 Mb.
9. Done. The new image file (the file name with _compressed) size is now 3.8 Mb.
Enjoy the apps.
Author: Hariz Adnan
Passion for IT.